Why become a member? ×

Mazeti

Kenny Gair

[quote name='Kenny Gair' timestamp='1376057087' post='2169134']
That's quite a beast! £300 mark sound OK for a fretless 5 you think? Assuming of course decent condition etc.
[/quote]

I remember these things being all over ebay a few years ago, all at stupidly low prices. From that point of view £300 might seem a bit much, but then again they're not available now. I guess the real question is what other fretless 5ers are available for £300?

it sort of depends, as there seem to be a few different 5 string fretless versions out there, with varying prices, and it would be best to know is it active? Humbucker pickups? through Neck?.

I paid £250 for that doubleneck new, which i thought was pretty good. But for that amount, there are a few good basses you can get, of which there are more reviews about.

It will probably sound pretty good, but i wouldn't pay £300. Id be more inclinded for about £200-250 if it played well.

• 9 years later...

Zombie thread revival!

Mazeti are from KHL Guitars I think, a Korean OEM however they have outsourced production outside of Korea. The Mazeti branded instruments used to be all over eBay but it seems like there's a seller who still has some (possibly NOS) and is offering them at inflated prices. They were always budget but decent IIRC, nice woods but the market is crowded at that price point and depreciation will be considerable.

KHL were also sold under the HK brand here for a while and also Wolf in the USA.

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1