Why become a member? ×

Classic 25 Bass

W11ATO

Has anyone heard of, come across, seen, played, bought one of these?

www.classic25bass.co.uk

I'd never heard of them until yesterday yet they're made in my home town.

I've got 3 children and would love to get a small bass so they could try it out but surely there couldn't be a more awkward shape bass to start off on?

[quote name='W11ATO' timestamp='1376030163' post='2168685']
Has anyone heard of, come across, seen, played, bought one of these?

www.classic25bass.co.uk

I'd never heard of them until yesterday yet they're made in my home town.

I've got 3 children and would love to get a small bass so they could try it out but surely there couldn't be a more awkward shape bass to start off on?
[/quote]

Sorry, no experience of this particuler make, but it looks intriguing. If they really do sound like a full-size bass (and there's no great reason to doubt it...) then it seems like a good idea. AS to being 'awkward', I'll grant that they don't have the modern ergonomy of a p-bass, but most folks get on very well with classical and folk guitars, and my semi-acoustic basses are very comfortable (most especially for the light weight...). Standing, there's little difference, and seated, one adapts easily, I find. Ask Sir Paul how easy these shapes are to play, perhaps..?
'Twould be interesting to get a review, if you decide to go for one...

I hear what you're saying and I imagine I would adapt to a violin fairly easily too, just not sure it's the right shape for a 7 year old beginner?

Although I guess if you're not accustomed to anything then it possibly isn't an issue at all.

[quote name='W11ATO' timestamp='1376034582' post='2168726']... if you're not accustomed to anything then it possibly isn't an issue at all.[/quote]

...or anything later is always an improvement..! :P

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1376035355' post='2168742']
What's wrong with the shape?
[/quote]

Good point.....nothing I guess, they just look awkward to me but then again I've never played a full sized one so maybe they're perfectly comfortable.

• 1 year later...

I bought one a few months ago after I kept getting cramp in my hand when using my old long scale bass, which was a disaster as i had to stop playing mid song. I thought I'd buy a bass with the shortest scale I could find. It's great, no more hand problems. It sounds really good and comes with a nice hard case. Takes a bit of getting used to when I have to get up the dusty end and aesthetically not ideal for a reggae band. I would recommend them.