Why become a member? ×

New cab advice

CalJock

[quote name='CalJock' timestamp='1375738640' post='2165101']
At least I'd definitely get a seat on the train! Just gotta wait for some cash to come through but If I do go for it (or anything else that i have to travel for) I'll be sure to photograph the return journey so we can all laugh at the ridiculous lengths we go to for gear.
[/quote]
Defo gotta get pics. :)

I'm liking the idea of driving the rig to gigs though.

[quote name='CalJock' timestamp='1375791337' post='2165604']
Just been offered an ebs classic line 212 in a trade, what're people thoughts on that as a cab?
[/quote]

Not familiar with that particular cab - but EBS make some very good gear. A trade for what, if you don't mind me asking?

How much would you be able to get if you sold your Orange gear privately? The EBS cab retails at around £500, but would you get anywhere near that for your guitar stuff? If not, then the trade would be a good deal. But if you could get, say, £400, and could then browse the for sale section on here with that much cash in your pocket - you would have a lot more options.

With your lack of transport, I would definitely recommend a used BF Compact. They do actually come up pretty often on here, but usually sell within[i] minutes[/i]! :o

There's one here - just to prove me wrong! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/213156-barefaced-midget-t-and-compact-for-sale/page__p__2159846__hl__compact__fromsearch__1#entry2159846"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/213156-barefaced-midget-t-and-compact-for-sale/page__p__2159846__hl__compact__fromsearch__1#entry2159846[/url] You could easily bring it back from London on the bus and/or train! :)

Edited by Conan

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1375714917' post='2164631']
You can get Marshall VBC412 pretty cheap used

4ohms and fekking loud too. It's a great cab for rock & metal.

Still my favourite cab in the universe. It's 110lb though....
[/quote]
110lb! That would see me off! Too used to the lightweight stuff now.