Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Custom 4 Thinline fretless..................

voxpop

[attachment=9540:DSC_0004.JPG]

I'm currently having a re-think on my equipment.
This wonderful Sandberg Custom Fretless is just not being used in my current Blues / Rock band.
It is under 6 months old and in fantastic condition except for a small ding in the top of the head stock. ( see pic )

[list=1]

[/list]
[b]Hardrock maple bolt on neck with lined rosewood finger board.
Hollow body Mahogany back, Walnut front, Maple top.
Matching Maple headstock.
3 band active glockenklang electonics.
Dalano Soapbar pickup.
D'Addario Chrome strings.
Wooden Bridge.
Gold hardware.
Sandberg soft gig bag.
Chiptrac chipped and police registered.
List price £1549.00[/b]

Will sell for £1049 or exchange with cash either way for a quality 4 string JAZZ or SANDBERG.........WHAT HAVE YOU GOT ?

[attachment=9517:DSC_0006.JPG][attachment=9518:DSC_0006.JPG][attachment=9519:DSC_0007.JPG][attachmen
t=9520:DSC_0008.JPG][attachment=9521:DSC_0005.JPG]

[b]Sandberg have over 6 month waiting list for their Custom series basses.......................................................grab it now, why wait.[/b] Edited by voxpop

• 2 weeks later...

I cant believe the lack of interest in this bass, it seems everyone wants a fender P or J. If I don't get any response i'm going to fret it.

It has very little weight because of the hollow body and has a wonderful neck. I have the "standard" custom which has a very heavy bass sound with a hi-fi quality to it. The Thinline has a fantastic mid sound, very punchy and sweet. Only wish I had frets on it as Im not a great fretless player.

One last go or its having frets put on.

Edited by voxpop

Keep it fretless, put the effort in and you'll love it! I've had my fretless about a year and a half now, using it for 3 of the 6 bands I'm playing in. It's amazing, does everything a fretted bass can do and is so much more expressive. Go on, give it another chance :)

[quote name='TheRinser' post='225544' date='Jun 24 2008, 12:26 AM']Keep it fretless, put the effort in and you'll love it! I've had my fretless about a year and a half now, using it for 3 of the 6 bands I'm playing in. It's amazing, [b]does everything a fretted bass can do[/b] and is so much more expressive. Go on, give it another chance :)[/quote]
have to disagree there, fretless and fretted basses are often used for completly different types of bassline, one can do plenty what the other cant and visa versa

[quote name='BassManKev' post='225549' date='Jun 24 2008, 12:40 AM']have to disagree there, fretless and fretted basses are often used for completly different types of bassline, one can do plenty what the other cant and visa versa[/quote]

Thats only true if your intonation on the fretless is off otherwise you can play just the same. Its just very very very difficult to play a fretless well and I mean well ! not sliding every other note.
Jaco Pastorius sounded the same on a fretted or fretless because his technique and intonation was bang on, some modern players come close but not quite.

Conversely Percy Jones slides all over the show but it sounds right because the start and end notes are spot on

I will hold my hand up and say playing with a pick never sound sounds good on a fretless..... :)