Why become a member? ×

***Sold***
£400

ClusterOne

Hi all,

Selling my Spector Legend 5 Custom,active, grey slate, yellow DR Neon strings, EMG HZ pickups. The bass is in very good condition but two dinges and actually tiny bit knocked off fingerboard on 4th fret,this does not affect the playability.
Would prefer pick up only as want to save myself from wrapping & posting hassles, could eventually deliver for fuel cost if within reasonable distance. Would post if last option, roughly remember it would be about £20 for postage.

,,,No trades,,, ;) price dropped to [b] £ 300 pick up only[/b]

[attachment=140475:P1010608small.jpg]
[attachment=140476:P1010610small.jpg]
[attachment=140477:P1010615small.jpg]
[attachment=140479:P1010620small.jpg]
[attachment=140480:P1010743small.jpg]
[attachment=140481:P1010745small.JPG]
[attachment=140482:P1010746small.jpg]
[attachment=140483:P1010747small.jpg]
[attachment=140484:P1010748small.jpg]
[attachment=140485:P1010749small.jpg]

Edited by ClusterOne

Hi,

I can not see anything wrong with this bass apart from the fundamental fact that I don't like its sound :-P
Had it tuned half step down and it just worked fine but saying again sounded to me too bassy , mids lacking quiet bit.
Since I had Legend 4 before, i can only assume this is down to EMG-HZ pickups as my Legend 4 had EMG-SSD fitted and I could not complain about its tone characteristics.

Welcome to come & try.

There is a good review and comparison of "classic" and "custom" sounds here. I have owned and like both. At the moment I have a custom and marginally prefer the complexity of sound e.g. EMG HZ and 3 band add/cut. Either is a lot of bass for the money. GL with the sale

http://gearreviewfinland.com/2013/02/25/review-spector-legend-4-classic-custom/

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1377120016' post='2183746']
There is a good review and comparison of "classic" and "custom" sounds here. I have owned and like both. At the moment I have a custom and marginally prefer the complexity of sound e.g. EMG HZ and 3 band add/cut. Either is a lot of bass for the money. GL with the sale

[url="http://gearreviewfinland.com/2013/02/25/review-spector-legend-4-classic-custom/"]http://gearreviewfin...classic-custom/[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks man :-)

Interesting as I kind of can not get on with the sound of this bass.I feel like the bass tone (bottom spectrum) somehow overshadow mids and highs and overall sounded quiet dull to me.
I dropped bridge pickup down as was quiet high compared to neck one and cleaned strings and what is interesting since i re-soldered the cable as has been snapped - this all somehow resulted in better zingy sound and it is quiet fine now.May try to setup neck and bridge to see how it will affect.
I also had Legend 4 Classic with SSD pickups cherry finish - what a beauty in terms of look and sound, sold it to somebody here on Basschat.

Lol, looks like it is Spector [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]NS2000/5 indeed, thank for pointing this out.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scale lenght - looks like 35"[/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Took photo of pickups recently too.[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Funny as i bought it from ebay as Legend Custom :-P better me to edit posting.[/color][/font]