Why become a member? ×

FT Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0
£350

woodyratm

Hey guys,
I bought this a few months ago and as much as love the weight and look of it, I think I'm Ampeg through and through. I've used Jessies pic's so hopefully he doesn't mind (if you do man, let me know and i'll replace! :))

It has some scratches on the bottom (it was like that when I bought it, and the previous owner bought it - doesn't effect the sound in the slightest. Its not even noticeable when using the head!)

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/202312-genz-benz-shuttle-60/page__p__2071855__hl__genz%20benz%20shuttle%206__fromsearch__1#entry2071855 This is the original thread.

Valve has been replaced with a JJ Tesla.

The head sounds amazing - just not to my preference.

Trade wise looking for something a little warmer and something with a bit more dirt I'd guess.
Things like:-

Ampeg PF-500 (or 800!)
Genz Benz Streamliner (600/900)
Other suggestions?

Sadly think it needs to remain a micro head (backs not what it used to be!)
[attachment=139780:shuttle1.jpg]
[attachment=139781:shuttle2.jpg]

Cheers!

Dave

Have you tried a Sansamp in front of it? Could be a cheaper solution than changing amps. If you can't lay hands on a tester or secondhand one, the Behringer BDI21 for £30 or so is a good test, it sounds very, very like the Sansamp BDDI, which sounds like an Ampeg...

I do still have a BDI21 somewhere, might be a good idea that.

I'm just thinking the PF, since my local studio has a few and I can dial a great tone in seconds. The Genz I have to be more pinicky with. It's like the EQ on the Genz is much more dynamic.

Give the Streamliner a go if you can find one to try out and want to go the amp change route. I have one & A/B'd it with a Shuttle before I got the Streamliner. They are [u][b]VERY[/b][/u] different beasts and the Streamliner is much warmer, but still with some nice top snap through my BF S12T

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1375100832' post='2156641']
Give the Streamliner a go if you can find one to try out and want to go the amp change route. I have one & A/B'd it with a Shuttle before I got the Streamliner. They are [u][b]VERY[/b][/u] different beasts and the Streamliner is much warmer, but still with some nice top snap through my BF S12T
[/quote]

I think thats exactly what I want. I'll have the same cab soon too.

Anyone got a Streamliner in Scotland I could try? :P