Why become a member? ×

How do i recreate this sound!?

Alex_Of_Icarus

Hey, I've been trying to recreate this bass sound with a big muff but it's not quite there, does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm thinking there might be an octave pedal in there, and probably a fair bit of double tracking going on... And obviously it's gonna be difficult to get it spot on as i'm using different gear, but the closer the better :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rjcRTis_028#t=16s

Any thoughts? I MUST have this sound...

Definitely an octaver would help. And a muff with decent mids (so not an EHX bass big muff) But I don't think you'll ever get that tone with a single bass though. There are so many layers of bass and guitars doing those riffs on that recording, that's why they all sound so "huge"

I hear octaver, dirt & chorus. I get a similar "big" sound by putting the chorus on a slow deep setting.

Oh, & tell your guitarists not to use chorus at the same time or it'll turn to mud.

Edited by xgsjx

There is some sort of filter effect going on. The sonic landscape is painted by bass and guitars, but if I were to cover this song I would be trying low gain OD into envelope filter (very light!) into sft (does the whole doom thing nicely). Muff based fuzz with blend and mid control would also work for sft.

What do you guys think?

Edited by HazBeen