Why become a member? ×

*TRADED - MODS PLEASE LOCK =)
£850

Nibody

[s][b][i]**REDUCED TO £750 TILL MONDAY EVENING***[/i][/b][/s]

[size=6]FINAL PRICE DROP TO £650 [i][u]NOT[/u][/i] INCLUDING HARD CASE - COLLECTION ONLY OR £700 + COURIER WITH CASE[/size]

Sale or Trade

I am currently torn between GAS and the love of this bass, so this is VERY much a feeler - all my spare cash is tied up in this bass. Possibly up for sale my 2012 Fender Special Run US standard Precision Bass. These were done in two runs, 150 Wine red with Rosewood Neck and 150 with Maple Necks in a Mahogany Stain. Mine is the Wine Red. There are currently only 150 worldwide in each of the two colours.

Body is Ash, hand stained and finished wine red with a thin satin lacquer over the top (so due to woodgrain and the human element applying the stain no two are exactly alike). I have heard two stories that these were fitted with custom Shop 60's pickups, but Ill stick at they are standard US pickups. There is a little gigging wear (very minor buckle rash, couple of small dings) and the laquer has worn to a nice shine where the Arm has rubbed the contours. The bass has been loved enjoyed and played, not left in the case as an investment. It is a gorgeous beast both in looks and sound and I've had a lot of compliments on both counts. Even from Trev at Circle Studio's (even though he thinks I should put a Jazz neck on it!! Philistine!!).

All other specs are pretty much the same as the US standard P's - lightweight tuners, Graphite reinforced neck, Neck radius, Fender High Mass Vintage Bridge with through-body stringing option.

It comes with a Fender SKB Hard case, 99% of the case Candy (The strap whent to another home).

Pictures are the best I can do due to my Digital Camera being on the blink so having to use the Iphone 3GS!

Tradeswise - suprise me. 4 strings Preferably Precisions (Japanese or US, Fender maybe a Tokai or Greco - Simonon like would be good!) or possibly a nice Thunderbird.
I dont have any cash to throw in myself (Its all tied up in this bass) so direct swap for something of equal value, trade+cash for something of lesser value or outright buy.

It does have the SKB case so I'd be happy to ship it in the UK - I wont ship it outside of the UK - sorry. Probably looking in the region of £20 for shipping..

I may change my mind (love this bass) depending on whether the love overcomes the GAS!

Further pictures - the marks are VERY small, and I had to get the Digital camera on Macro and do a lot of fiddling to get them to show up (managed to find my spare working camera battery!)

Edited by Nibody

[quote name='LemonCello' timestamp='1374148334' post='2145774']
I have the same model, great bass and nice finish which should improve with age. I'm with you on the pup as I'm pretty sure it's the standard not CS.

LC
[/quote]

All the Specs I've read have said US standard Pickups, I think they had a fad of dropping 60's CS's in the standards at one point. I love it to bits but it's the usual thing - seen some others that take my fancy..... I know I am going to hate myself to the pits of my soul over this but..

[s][size=5][b]*ON HOLD PENDING USUAL*[/b][/size][/s]

Edited by Nibody

Going to make one final reduction in price to £650 uncased/collected £700 cased as I have seen two basses on here I want. Not willing to drop it bellow the final figure as I may as well keep it rather than give it away for peanuts - case alone goes for around £80 on Ebay! Also try finding a US standard with an Ash Body (or one that looks as pretty as this!

[size=6]*BUMP[/size]