Why become a member? ×

SOLD - MATAMP preamp/DI (Meat)
£450

lozbass

As part of a massive, high-end, no hype sell-off, this MATAMP 'Meat' preamp is available at £450. The amp is in excellent, as new condition (apart from a 1" hairline scratch on the rear, silver panel) and includes the custom Castle orange flightcase - again in excellent condition but with a few scuffs from usage. The unit is almost unused by me (and I think it's had an easy life with previous owners). The pre is all tube with massive gain - it will do clean and warm, through to grind and on to full tube distortion. It's very useful for stage and studio with a full complement of ins and outs - it works beautifully on guitar and bass (though I think it was designed with bass in mind).

A previous sale thread from the second owner is here (I hope this is OK Steve!):

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/203403-matamp-meat-di-box-1-of-a-kind-sold/"]http://basschat.co.u...of-a-kind-sold/[/url]

I'm selling as I only use a Millennia with any regularity (the latter is a good match for my style and basses, hence the departure of the pres currently for sale on here)

Collection in central Manchester preferred, though I can ship at cost to the UK, Europe and US.

Edited by lozbass

Mogwai used it at Greenman festival in Wales last August. Dom Loved it so much he ordered one. Matamp can't make another the same as this as the special transformer inside it is a one off.

It will be worth lot's of money in years to come.

It uses
3xECC83 JJ'S
It has the Matamp mk2 preamp inside it.
It used to have only two tubes inside it and it was first made with the gt200mk1 pre inside it.
I got it rewired and got a new faceplate made for it as not only does it have more gain and bass than the mk1 it added the tube and middle knob.

Type in Matamp bass on youtube and you can hear it with a travis bean and the pa only.
I also had the back all modded.

you used to have to plug into the front and patch your amp to the back of the d.i. the volume from it was insane so i got a rotary pad added. and made the other inputs easy to read for pre out and power amp out.

The thru is at the front so you can patch in to the front of your amp. Plug in from the bass to the back input.

I have lot's of photo's of the first build to the final build.

[quote name='quimbymeat' timestamp='1373371284' post='2136746']
Yeah you had a rickenbacker and a ampeg b15. your tone was great. that was with the Twilight Sad.
[/quote]

Now I play his B-15 with my Rickenbacker :D

Dave, you will love this very very much, if I was doing more I'd have jumped at it.