Why become a member? ×

Gig next Saturday

Raymondo

I couldn't decide where this thread fits....Gigs ? Off topic? or here so I thought I would let you all decide!

I am going to be playing my only gig of the year (so far) next Saturday at the Old Volunteer in Carlton Nottingham.We are reforming our Stereophonics tribute band for one gig to help the landlady and her husband at this fabulous Nottingham music venue.

Because I live half the week in Edinburgh and half in Nottingham I left my old band and now cannot find the time to join another....I miss playing....but don't know what to do about it.

That is one reason behind this post ...anyone any ideas?

The second point is we are playing for free to help raise money for the landlady because they are a victim of the Punch Taverns method of doing business (all the other pub holding companies are as bad!)

After !7 years of struggling they are being hounded out and charged an extortionate amount for delapidation,rent and beer bills..... my point is ....
I have met many people who have fallen foul of this practice....and it is often a music venue that gets closed down ...does anyone have experience of these companies actually helping music venues?

It seems to me that they all want pseudo restaurants and are happy to destroy the traditional pub.

I don't know about the general issue you've asked about, but I know the venue, asbI've played there several times. It's one of those lovely pubs where they have a passion for putting on live music, and it shows in the setup of the pub as well as the lively clientele. It will be a huge shame if they get squeezed out of business.

Well done, and enjoy the gig!