Why become a member? ×

cab repair

ryan0583

When taking my cab out of the pub at the end of our gig tonight, I felt something fall off inside the cab. On inspection when I got home, I found a coil of wire rolling round inside the cab. Peering through one of the ports I can see where it needs soldering back onto. The question is how do I get inside the cab? I've tried unscrewing one of the speakers, the back plate and one of the handles, but they all remain stuck to the cab even with no screws in.

Any ideas?

So another question. The inductor broke off in such a way that there's barely any wire poking out of the circuit board for me to solder it back onto. The back of the circuit board is covered with board. I've managed to solder the inductor back on, and I've taped it down with electrical tape, but I'm worried that the solder joint isn't very secure. Ideally, I'd take the board off the back to fix this, but I can't see any way of removing it without breaking it.