Why become a member? ×

Help looking for a tab

Steve_nottm

My covers band (link to website below) have decided to have a go at learning Whitesnake, Fool for your loving. I need to have a crack at working it out tonight, but having listened to it I think it's a tad more fiddly than I first thought. I've had a look around for tab on the net to help me out but can't find any.

So.....if any of you nice fellow bassists out there have a tab I'd really appreciate a copy. or any tips from those who already play this.

If not then I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way (Headphones and patience!. oh and a Tascam CD-BT1)

As far as I can recall from last time I went searching for bass tabs, the time spent digging something out, trying to play it, checking with the recording and discovering that it had more holes than a Swiss cheese, was generally better spent just sitting down and trying to learn the song. Sometimes a tab will help but you still have to learn to play the piece in a way that fits with what everyone else has come up with.

The other lesson I learned was not to get obsessed about the details, certainly not until you have the outline of the song. Get the general structure and the easy bits first. If you get stuck trying to hear something, is there a similar part elsewhere in the song where the bassline is clearer? If you can get most of the song down quickly, you then have time left for the fiddly bits.

Wulf

ps. Did you try a [url="http://www.google.com/search?q=%22fool+for+your+loving%22+whitesnake+bass+tab"]Google[/url] search?

[quote name='wulf' post='213314' date='Jun 5 2008, 04:18 PM']As far as I can recall from last time I went searching for bass tabs, the time spent digging something out, trying to play it, checking with the recording and discovering that it had more holes than a Swiss cheese, was generally better spent just sitting down and trying to learn the song. Sometimes a tab will help but you still have to learn to play the piece in a way that fits with what everyone else has come up with.

The other lesson I learned was not to get obsessed about the details, certainly not until you have the outline of the song. Get the general structure and the easy bits first. If you get stuck trying to hear something, is there a similar part elsewhere in the song where the bassline is clearer? If you can get most of the song down quickly, you then have time left for the fiddly bits.

Wulf[/quote]

#1 to that.

+1 for GuitarPro. Don't know this particular song, but I don't know what I'd do without GP for the songs we do. As a rule the tabs submitted are more accurate than the olga ones.

Only thing to watch, because they are full band tabs, even if the tab isn't accurate, or complete, it will probably sound as if it is, especially if you don't know the song well. So you can waste time learning with something that turns out not to be quite right and then have to work out what the problem is. I learn sections at a time and check back often with the mp3. Then you can't go too far wrong.

[quote name='spinynorman' post='213601' date='Jun 6 2008, 12:32 AM']I learn sections at a time and check back often with the mp3. Then you can't go too far wrong.[/quote]
I play the mp3 at the same time as the tab (with the tab completely muted) so I can watch the tab whilst playing along with the song! And that way, you can listen to the actual bass line whilst following it on the tab so you can spot any mistakes