Why become a member? ×

experiences coda-music.com

Jasper

Hi,

I'm thinking about ordering a Rickenbacker 4003 at [url="http://www.coda-music.com"]www.coda-music.com[/url]. Does somebody have experience with this shop? Or does somebody know another shop who has Rick's and ships outside UK?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Jasper

Edited by Jasper

Haven't bought from them in years but always been fine.

First thing I bought came with a broken power cord so they shipped another one free. Second thing I bought I didn't get on with so they arranged pickup and a full refund 48 hours later.

I bought a very nice early Streamer from them years ago. Actually traded it to the Bass Centre for more than I paid for it.

Used to have a nice guy in the shop who was their main bass man.

Of course the irony is that I traded it for a Kubicki which is now worth about half the value of an early Streamer through neck!

If you are buying a brand new Ricky then maybe the thing to do is to shop around for the best price?

Plenty of new Rickenbackers out there & quality on a brand new one ought to be pretty constant.

I bought my Ashdown combo (over the phone) from the shop in Stevenage, had it delivered to my work, it turned up with a huge dent and also some broken links in the grille, phoned 'em up they said they would get a replacement one ordered - a week later nothing had arrived, spoke to a very helpful chap @ Ashdown who said they had sent it to Coda Music 4 days earlier. :) Phoned the shop back and after having a look round their warehouse, they eventually found out!
I hope my problem was a one off but tbh I've not used 'em since.

Ashdown - 1
Coda Music - 0

Dan