Why become a member? ×

almost ran out of amp last night

artisan

lol we played a cracking gig at Charlie's place in Harrogate last night & even though its a small venue i had to crank my amp up as far as it will go to keep the mix levels correct,thats like 360watts of bass :o
i think i'm gonna need a bigger amp,noisy bastard guitarists.
mind you i got a good sound with zero feedback thanks to the Pro-Plat'.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1370799135' post='2105710']
Stick the matching 115X powered cab underneath it - I had the full stack, and you're not gonna get any arguments with 690w! :D
[/quote]
cheers Muzz i've been looking for one of these but they don't make 'em anymore + i just lost one on ebay the other week :(

Yeah, the D-Bass amps were one of those ignored/unfashionable rigs which I found did a really good job. If you can get a 115X secondhand, they seem to go around the £250 mark, which is great value. They're also handy as a power amp/cab combination if you have a favourite preamp to run into them. I might well still have mine if they hadn't all been nicked from our rehearsal room :(

oohh that's a bummer !
i've had mine about 4 years now & it's been a very good amp for me for bass guitar but i do seem to struggle to get enough volume out of it for the louder DB gigs.
i keep fancying a Genz Benz rig or even a TC Electronic BH750 combo,just can't afford one.