Why become a member? ×

Dick Venom In Nottingham Friday 14th June 2013

BigRedX

Dick Venom & The Terrortones will be opening proceedings for the next "Dick Venom Presents..." gig at the Jam Café on Friday 14th June.

The main event will be the fantastic [url=https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Moonshine-Stalkers/102014723226810]Moonshine Stalkers[/url].

Mr Venom will also spinning the discs between bands and on into the early hours of the morning.

Entrance is free. It all kicks off at 9.00pm.

[IMG]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/BigRedX/Gig%20Posters/967245_657049504310793_1972675070_o_zpse8ed577d.jpg[/IMG]

Just a quick reminder that this gig is tonight.

Dick Venom & The Terrortones will be taking to the stage at 9.30 so if you're coming don't be late!

For those of you who live too far away to make it you can also watch us live via the wonder of the interwebs!

It will be broadcast on the [url=http://www.whitecollarzoo.tv]White Collar Zoo web site[/url]. You'll need to sign up to their free service first so give yourself enough time to do that, and then you can enjoy the filth and fury that is Dick Venom from the comfort and safety of your own home!

A great gig BRX - two very different and very enjoyable bands. My original plan was to see the Terrortones, then pop off to The Lion in Basford where some mates were watching a ska band. Due to the atmosphere and general curiosity, I stuck around to see the Moonshone Stalkers, and am glad I did! Great clear mix too.

BTW, if you're wondering why I'm on my own each time I see your band, I do have friends, honest! It's just that the number of friends who live locally and want to see bands these days are few. The number who want to see bloodsucking vampire psychobilly punkrock are fewer still :-( I know they'd love it if they came.

Anyway, good to see you again, and sack whoever got the headliners' name wrong on the poster ;-)

Thanks!

And as for turning up to gigs on your own, I completely get it. I've done it most of my life once I realised that if I wanted to go and see all the bands that I liked, this was going to be the only way to do it. These days I can rely on Mr Venom to be persuaded to come along to any gig that I'm interested in, and TBH these days the band is so busy that I rarely get to go to gigs other than the ones that I'm playing at.

Regarding the poster, I think it's a combination of Mr Venom's dyslexia (he's worse than me but hasn't yet got the experience of checking everything at least twice and then getting someone else to check it again) plus the person who actually does the graphics not questioning it. I thought it had been fixed after it was spotted on the initial flyers but obviously not...