Why become a member? ×

How many Barefaced vintage T are there about?

Bassdriver

I have a Vintage T Sitting under my Trace Elliot V6, a superb combination in every respect except the weight of the amp. I have the crazy idea of experimenting with running another Vintage T alongside. The overkill potential is high I know but what the hell...?

So I was looking around for a second hand cab and read somewhere there were very few made, the number 3 comes to mind. Are there really only 3 of these cabs in existence? If so, and if V6s were also quite limited in numbers (100?) I seem to have quite a rare set up. Two vintage Ts would make it quite something.

[quote name='Bassdriver' timestamp='1370274297' post='2098422']
I have a Vintage T Sitting under my Trace Elliot V6, a superb combination in every respect except the weight of the amp. I have the crazy idea of experimenting with running another Vintage T alongside. The overkill potential is high I know but what the hell...?

So I was looking around for a second hand cab and read somewhere there were very few made, the number 3 comes to mind. Are there really only 3 of these cabs in existence? If so, and if V6s were also quite limited in numbers (100?) I seem to have quite a rare set up. Two vintage Ts would make it quite something.
[/quote]

Do you use the pad on the tweeter? Probably best just getting a plain vintage and turning the tweeter up, maybe its already padded some, two separate tweeters will make a mess. Fairly sure there are more Vintages about than that, they were pretty popular among people who refused to believe 1 15 could be enough.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1370274500' post='2098432']
Fairly sure there are more Vintages about than that, they were pretty popular among people who refused to believe 1 15 could be enough.
[/quote]

Or prefered the width of the cabinet when placing a full-sized amp on top... and the increased height without having to balance it on a stand/beer crate... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1370274452' post='2098428']
Why don't you make it your mission to own [i]all[/i] the Vintage Ts ever made? Now there is a noble calling... B)
[/quote]

Ah ha, yes, why indeed. If there really are only three available it shouldn't be too hard.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1370274500' post='2098432']
Do you use the pad on the tweeter? Probably best just getting a plain vintage and turning the tweeter up, maybe its already padded some, two separate tweeters will make a mess. [/quote]

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1370275721' post='2098451']
They were discontinued in favour of the Super 15 because that wasn't the case.
[/quote]

Yes, I'd though about a Super 15 as well. I don't use a lot of the tweeter so the one in the Vintage would be more than enough. If I had two Vintages I could always just disconnect one tweeter but then I might as well get a Super 15. Something about the idea of two matching cabs still appeals though.