Why become a member? ×

S O L D Jap 62 re-issue Jazz bass with Villex upgrade

TPJ

Hi all,

I recently bought this from a chap in Harrogate because the price was great. It plays lovely after some tweaking. I was never convinced about the tone of the original pups so I bought a second hand set of [b][url="http://eu.villex.com/pickups.html"]Villex V2JLH pups[/url][/b] and a control plate loaded with stacked vols, Villex rotary mid control and a passive tone control which has improved the tone exponentially. It gets a very big range of usable tones now, all of which sit great in a mix and in a live setting. The only tone I'm not 100 percent on is the full front pickup but I don't use that tone often, I have a P-bass for that.:)

this bass has been played and has battle scars so if you're looking for clean, this ain't it. It's a players work horse bass that I was using as my backup on gigs.

For sale with or without the Villex. I still have the original pups and control plate which are included. I have an extra bridge that I'll chuck in for nowt. I'd advise keeping the Villex to be honest. I don't have a case for it but will buy something cheap to ship it in or, take the neck off and ship the neck and body more safely.

Price is £350 with Villex, £250 without plus P&P. I'm in Wakefield if you want to check it out. Advertised else where.

Here's some pics.

Edited by TPJ

Shave and a hair cut, ...

Bump Bump

Man the market is flat. Nobody wants a great playing and great sounding jazz bass for a good price. :)

I must add, price is negotiable.

Edited by TPJ

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='214643' date='Jun 7 2008, 09:47 PM']How old is she?

What's the body - maple?

Do you still have the pick-guard? If so, will it still fit with the replacement Villex kit?[/quote]
The serial number starts with U which according to [b][url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.blackman4/serial.htm"]this site[/url][/b] dates it to 1995-1996.

Not sure of the body wood. It's a three piece body though.

It came as you see it, no pick-guard or case. The Villex was mounted on what seems to be a standard control plate, just drilled out so the stacked pots fit.
It went on the body using the existing three holes from the original plate with no issues.

Hope this helps.