Why become a member? ×

Muse live at Horse Guards Parade

dc2009

So last night I had the pleasure of seeing Muse play a short set live at Horse Guards Parade on a free ticket.

It was a promo thing for Brad Pitt's new blockbuster, World War Z, for which Muse have written some of the music. Given the occasion, the free ticket and Muse's fame I was expecting mediocrity and a dull performance, but I'm pleased to say I was nothing short of dazzled by their show. I was genuinely impressed by the musicianship, the pyro was cool and the sound was huge and about as clear of a live sound as I've heard.

On a not entirely unrelated note, does anyone know what effect Chris Wolstenholme uses for Time is Running Out when playing live? It was one of the best synthy bass sounds I've heard. He had a cracking tone all set with an array of Statuses each with very, very bright LEDs.

Anyone else seen Muse or was there last night? Got to say the venue itself was a spectacular setting for a concert, especially as it got darker and the lights had a bit more effect.

Cheers,
Dan

Glad you saw them, sounds great. I saw them live outdoors in Teignmouth a few years ago - awesome.

For Time is Running Out I believe it's a combination of octaver and distortion, which ones I don't know but hopefully someone else will. Our band plays the song but I only have an OC2 to help me with the sound (I'm not buying a distortion pedal for 1 song). On Saturday when we were playing it in a new venue I could hear a horrible rattling sound when my pedal was on. I commented on it later to our drummer saying it sounds loke my speakers can't handle the ocataver but he said it was his snare rattling, phew!

Edited by mep