Why become a member? ×

Mini Modular Analog Pedal Synth

tayste_2000

Something I've been working on as half of my board to basically create weird noise to sit under melodic chords.

This is with no bass plugged in

Here you go

[url="http://grygrx.net/bass/tayste/Tayste's%20Weird%20Noise/Synth.mp3"]http://grygrx.net/bass/tayste/Tayste's...Noise/Synth.mp3[/url]

Starts with just a Catalinbread V8 then I turn on the feedback loop it's in then I turn it off and turn the Subdecay Fembot Proto on and then the Subdecay Gurgle and Moan Proto then that gets turned off and the Subdecay Noise Box gets turned on then the Gurgle comes on again and then I turn the Subdecay Echobox Proto on and use the time knob to pitch shift and gurgle it, after that I have no clue what I did but near the middle to end I started using the chorus so you can hear the throb I want the trem to achieve which really isn't doing it for me currently the chorus doesn't have the depth or speed I need and it changes the tone to much.

At this point I'm missing my looper and the trem so I can do all the extra pitch shifting, reverse, fake sample and hold I can do with the delay but it's quite listenable when I'm turning the knobs but if I was playing over it, it would be like the later sounds with just the throb to give it that movement.

But anyway enjoy

[quote name='dr.funk' post='213071' date='Jun 5 2008, 11:42 AM']Why not just buy a small synth and then be able to make it actually fit the music if you wanted?[/quote]

Because what I've bought and setup here does what I want and many other things that you could never do with a synth.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='213117' date='Jun 5 2008, 12:30 PM']Because what I've bought and setup here does what I want and many other things that you could never do with a synth.[/quote]
Fair enough.

Out of interest what does that do that a synth can't?

[quote name='dr.funk' post='213245' date='Jun 5 2008, 02:36 PM']Fair enough.

Out of interest what does that do that a synth can't?[/quote]

Well since it's effect pedals there are the following effects you can use as normal pedals

Fuzz
Filter
FM Modulator which can be everything from a synthy fuzz to a ring modulator
Delay
Noise Box which is the best analog bass synth effect you can buy.