Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* EHX/Sovtek Small Stone Phaser (Green Russian) Circa 1990 with Original Plywood Box
£58

discreet

[color=#ffffff][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]X[/b][/font][/size][/color]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]*SOLD* EHX/Sovtek Small Stone Phaser (Green Russian) Circa 1990 with Original Plywood Box[/b]

Electro Harmonix USA went bankrupt in 1984 and there was no further production until 1990 when Mike Matthews started a new production line - in Russia - where the ongoing conversion from military economy to consumer economy suited his business plan.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Russian units were slightly larger than their USA counterparts and were labelled as EH/Sovtek (Sovtek was a brand name Mike Matthews used for the tube production line he started in Russia, which is now one of the largest tube suppliers in the world). The first Soviet union version of the Small Stone was this military green unit, and the first to utilize an LED. The circuit is not [i]exactly [/i]the same as the seventies US versions, but it [i]is [/i]very similar - employing 5 CA3094E OTA chips.[/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]For my money this rare and collectible version is better than the earlier US variants, seemingly having more range, depth and more of what I am going to describe as 'swirl'. :)[/size][/font]

This example comes complete with its original stencilled plywood box. The retro military vibe is pretty cool too, imho. [size=4]Unit is in good condition for its age - a few light scratches and very minor dings - and it is in full working order. The battery compartment cover is all present and correct.[/size]

Despatch will be via Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day before 1pm and I will send the buyer details of delivery, a tracking number and an ETA via PM.

I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet