Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1976/77 Fretless P/J - Near Mint- SOLD!!
£1450

MattyK

[color=#000000]Vintage 1976/77 Fender Precision For Sale. This bass is in near mint condition with a beautiful sunburst finish and smooth ebony neck! The bass has its original pots dated '76 and the original pickups are dated '77. The serial number for the bass is 76' and it has the matching serial number under the pickguard. The added J pick up is not date marked but the added pot is dated '79 so it is likely that this would have been a fairly early conversion. From inspection of the cavity the bass has been professionally routed and it is a very neat job indeed. The Bass Ass bridge is also an addition. The bass carries the correct '70's markings/stamps on neck butt/heel and neck pocket in body. As stated the body is in near mint condition, with only a small mark on the bottom of the body and small nick on edge of headstock. The bass will come professionally set up and serviced and will make a fantastic addition to someones collection! She's weighing in at a very respectful 10.5lbs.[/color]

[color=#000000]This bass will come with a hard case (slightly tatty) - and im willing to courier internationally at the buyers cost. Please feel free to PM me for more pictures - I have lots available - any questions/trials welcome. Many Thanks! [/color]

[size=5][b]£1100 - [b][size=3](sorry no trades)[/size][/b][/b][/size]

Edited by MattyK

BUMP - You can hear my dodgy fretless playing and singing on the link below - its a beautiful bass but should be being played by someone who can play it properly lol! :D

[indent=1][url="https://www.box.com/s/5y39sjrq3hw8j64nl14m"]https://www.box.com/s/5y39sjrq3hw8j64nl14m[/url][/indent]

At £1100 that is a stunning instrument at a stunning price. I've hummed and hahed about buying it for several weeks, and had a pretty lengthy correspondence about it with Matt, but eventually decided to opt for one of my previous Precision FLs (there's been a couple let's face it). The combination above - ebony board, P/J & Badass, exactly the same as mine in fact - is a recipe for one of the most powerful and versatile passive instruments you can get. In short it's a Tony Franklin FL signature model with real vintage mojo. If I could have bought it and my oldie I would have done, but even I don't need two almost identical basses :rolleyes:

Should add that Matt's a really great guy to deal with as well.

Chris

[b][url="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+37:8&version=NIVUK"]Psalm 37:8[/url] - [/b][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4] 'do [/size][/font][/color][b]not [/b][b]fret[/b][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4] – it leads only to evil ' [size=2](things that go [/size][/size][/font][/color][size=3][color=#ff0000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BUMP[/font][/color][/size][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][size=2] in the night)[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4].... there, that should do it ![/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]If this doesn't sell now, well we can't say we weren't warned ![/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4];-)[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Tullfan