Why become a member? ×

Ampeg B100-R

edstraker123

After last weeks nightmare with the Micromark I decided to consign it to the bedroom for practice only and get myself a decent amp for the living room which I can run all my effects through etc. After lots of deliberation I bought an Ampeg B100-R . I bought it in Dolphin's guitar shop in Liverpool -they give me a great deal £429 (cheaper than anywhere I could find on the web), it looks absolutely stunning and having got it home I was well impressed with the sound. After playing it for a couple of hours today it just fizzled out and is now completely dead. I tried different power lead in case it was the fuse but to no avail.
Has anyone had any similar experiences with these Ampegs ? I though I'd read something about problems with the B200-R .

My Amp curse continues - can anybody recommend a replacement about 100W (£500 to spend) should the worst come to the worst.

dolphin are doing a good price on the Ashdown ABM 500 combos. I was gonna get the 210 & 115 ext cab but ended up with the MB combo. They have the mkII (uk made) & the mkIII (china). Have a listen & see if the Ashdown sound suits you, wasn't my cuppa but you may like it (different strokes etc).