Why become a member? ×

Unfest 2013

clauster

My band, RunLeiaRun, are playing Unfest. It's a festival at and around the Pantiles in Tunbridge Wells involving the local venue (The Forum), 3 Pubs and others over 24th, 25th and 26th May. Oh, and all venues have FREE entry for the weekend.

All the venues are within are within a short walk of each other, so you'll always find something to listen to.

Most importantly we're on at 10.00pm on the Saturday in the Sussex.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/Unfest2013"]http://www.facebook.com/Unfest2013[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this one -

Having seen the full line up while installing the PA at one venue yesterday, there's a few basschatter's bands playing.

There's 10 venues hosting between them over 80 bands and solo acts. A real broad range of styles and genres. Entry to all venues is FREE. Starts Friday evening and continues Saturday and Sunday.

If you're able to get to Tunbridge Wells this weekend please do come to the Pantiles for a while. With the exception of Security (paid for with a small grant from the council), everyone involved in the organisation and running of the event is doing so for free. If this year's event is a success, next years will be bigger with more backing from the council hopefully. Come down and support this year's event and next year you could be playing.

Our show was okay, we pulled off a good performance, but shows at the Sussex on Saturday were running about an hour late by the end of the day so we were competing with Breakbeats and Goldenwonder (DJs, guitarist and sax) upstairs and not many ventured down until near the end of our set.

We were running the Sussex on Sunday. My singer was running the PA downstairs, said you guys put on a great (but very loud :D) set and were really nice guys to boot!

I was the chap dragging the other drum kit upstairs while you were setting up (I think). Missed your set setting that up. You play the Forum ever? If you do, drop me a PM and I'll come down.

Nic

That's the only problem, trying to draw the people in. We were quite lucky as everything was running late downstairs which meant everything was staggered with the acts upstairs. So that worked well.

Ah yes I did have a chat with your singer after show and that would have been me standing in the way of that kit. Aha.

Yeah we do the forum, I believe our next one there is August for the friday Local and Live after show, I'll keep an eye out for your shows too.