Why become a member? ×

GONE: upgraded Epiphone Thunderbird (Blackbird?) - sell or trade
£180

alyctes

I have a matt black Epiphone Thunderbird passive 4-string bolt-on I'm not using. It had a few mods when I got it (from BC member Delberthot): strap-button moved to the heel of the neck, upgraded electronics ( I can't recall exactly what they are - Russian capacitors, I think), and blue LEDs on the top edge of the fingerboard, good for playing on dark stages. The pickups are labelled 'DEEP Sixx', I guess they came off a Nikki Sixx Blackbird.

I've added a plain white scratchplate and black T/R coverplate (custom made by The Bass Doc). It comes with a decent RokSak gigbag (which actually fits) and a strap which Delberthot extended to handle the new strap button position. I'd be happy to include the old plates as well, if I can find them - which I do not guarantee. I think the old t/r plate has "Gibson" on it.

Assessment:
The tuners are good, bridge adjustment works, electrics are good, there's very minor buzz when you plug it in but nothing you haven't heard from dozens of other basses. I cannot swear hand on heart that the trussrod works, because I've never tried to adjust it, but I've no reason to think it a problem. There are no dings as far as I can see. There are very minor scratches and scuffs; the worst wear is on the bridge, where the black paint has come away on the three-point screws, and on one of the pup, where the name is somewhat worn off.
There is a hole where the upper strap button was before it was moved. The end of the LED set is sharp (above the 20th fret).
The neck pocket has been widened slightly (by maybe a millimetre) where another neck has been fitted and removed, and the short edges of the neck pocket are sharp as a result; I tried to take pics of this and couldn't. It is entirely stable as far as I can tell.
The add-on LEDs can be temperamental to get going but once they're on they stay on.
It would benefit from a setup (I tuned it down a tone to DGCF briefly and haven't lowered the action again - though it's not high).

Pics here: [url="http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/alyctes/library/Epiphone%20Tbird?sort=3&page=1"]http://s1295.photobu...d?sort=3&page=1[/url]

£140 plus shipping. I'd prefer to ship with the neck removed. Bank transfer preferred.

Edited by alyctes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...