Why become a member? ×

1H

Been looking at a Circuit that has Treb, Mid and Bass tone controls
the treb and bass is G&L style
but the Mid is 47nF in PAR with a 220K
then on to a 500k Pot
followed by a 1H (inductor or choke(i think thats another name but i more know it from Light Fittings)) 1 Henry
then a 5K resistor

I cant find a 1H, and I'm finding it hard enough to find a 0.5H (in series Inductors are summed)

there's 25 of them here (us shipping only though):
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-pc-Lot-of-Vintage-1H-Inductors-for-Amps-EQs-NOS-/261170832659?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3ccefea513#ht_499wt_786"]http://www.ebay.co.u...13#ht_499wt_786[/url]

Or contact this place, they may be able to point you at a source:
[u][color=#810081][url="http://www.hificollective.co.uk/components/inductors.html"]http://www.hificolle.../inductors.html[/url][/color][/u]

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1367590652' post='2067344']
there's 25 of them here (us shipping only though):
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-pc-Lot-of-Vintage-1H-Inductors-for-Amps-EQs-NOS-/261170832659?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3ccefea513#ht_499wt_786"]http://www.ebay.co.u...13#ht_499wt_786[/url]
[/quote]

If you are getting those, I'd be interested in some. Says ship worldwide to me. Just whoever wrote the description has a pretty tenuous grasp of the English language.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

£1/1H, was for a tone control for a MID Range a guy had posted for a Strat
220k Par 47nF ... leading on to a 500K VR . then on to this 1H ..
dont sound right to me and with that much cost, at the moment i cant do it to try

I did buy some .. u and m ones, but not 500mH (two in Series would be nice)

This was what i was going to TRY

but with the Cost of the Inductor i aint going to bother for some time
there is a way of Mixing a BASS with a Treb for a MID

If i use this on a STRAT, 3 Picksups, i could cut out the NON Used Pick up and that will give me about 2H
Now i can ever Cut that down again and use anotther 2H in PAR, or i would have to Fix the other parts of the circuit up
to suit a 2H Inductor, This Circuit MID is a Bass CUT OFF 220K+47nF its the 500KVr+1H+1K
God it would be so much simple if i just mash up a Bass Treb

Edited by AngelLaHash

`mm you got a good suggestion there

The other thing i could do is have two Single Coil Pick ups and Link them in PAR (there normally 2H so drops down to 1H) but you way will be more perment and better test.. ill have ago, think if i dress up as a fuffy bunny and look cute might give me one just to NAFF off!!

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1368110177' post='2073327']
90% sure a passive three band tone stack is going to be too lossy to use in a guitar without some active gain added somewhere.
[/quote]

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1368110177' post='2073327']
90% sure a passive three band tone stack is going to be too lossy to use in a guitar without some active gain added somewhere.
[/quote]

You could well be right, top bottom and mid cut - whats left ? :P

The value of the choke aint going to be all that critical, I'dbe inclined to try winding my own, or looking in old TVs and PC PSU's for something that would work and experimenting a bit., have a play with the values of the cap and R2

[quote name='AngelLaHash' timestamp='1368104403' post='2073243']
`mm you got a good suggestion there

The other thing i could do is have two Single Coil Pick ups and Link them in PAR (there normally 2H so drops down to 1H) but you way will be more perment and better test.. ill have ago, think if i dress up as a fuffy bunny and look cute might give me one just to NAFF off!!
[/quote]

Tell em your designing audio kit, no harm in asking, who dares wins as Dell says.

:D

I have been looking for chokes on Motherboards, but they aint that High of a value, i think i have old PSU for a PC
I do tend to use them as Power Supplies, 3.3v 5v and 12.. Hooked a ATX connector to a Light Switch to turn it on
and some Banana Connectors for the Power supply, I think i got Ground 12+ 12- and 5.5- and 5.5+

[quote name='AngelLaHash' timestamp='1368178312' post='2074058']
:D

I have been looking for chokes on Motherboards, but they aint that High of a value, i think i have old PSU for a PC
I do tend to use them as Power Supplies, 3.3v 5v and 12.. Hooked a ATX connector to a Light Switch to turn it on
and some Banana Connectors for the Power supply, I think i got Ground 12+ 12- and 5.5- and 5.5+
[/quote]

Seen it done to power CCTV cameras One point though, add a fuse at least in the +5 & +12 outputs. Theres a lot of current available, enough to set fire to thinner or longer wires.

Seen that done as well.

Edited by BILL POSTERS

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1368123900' post='2073582']
Tell em your designing audio kit, no harm in asking, who dares wins as Dell says.
[/quote]

Ive been looking for a binary Switch and keep getting Gray (GAY) Code
But i emailed a company asking if they do Binary
they sent me there PDF and told me to pick one
Told them what one i wanted and how much
just got it sent me to for free.

As for the Inductors, I am wondering [On a Strat] were it has 3 Pickups and you are normally one using 1-2 at a time if i could Pinch the 3rd one as a Inductor, i think i measured one at 2H tho. So if i could figure out how to change the areas of the MID TONE so that i could use a 2H , i could pinch the Pickup as a Inductor for this circuit.