Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pro Tools 9 compatibility with Mac OS X

originalfunkbrother

Hi,

I got Pro Tools 9 last year and loaded it onto my MacAir. It's working fine on there. I've gone and gotten an iMac and when I try to load PT9, it comes up saying 'this version of Pro Tools will not work with this version of Mac.' I have since noticed that there's an upgrade on PT9 (PT 9.0.6) but even when I update it to that, I keep getting the same error message. I've tried over the last 3 days and its fair to say I need some help.

Thanks.

Is it a new iMac? I had the same trouble with PT. I was running PT8 quite happily until my old Macbook died. Got a new Macbook Pro on the home insurance and it came with OSX 10.7 (Lion) preinstalled. I could install everything apart from ProTools due to the new OS architecture. Had to ante up and get PT10 as I can't install anything less than OSX 10.7 on this machine.

Bit of a bugger that. PT11 is due out later this year, so it might be worth hanging on to see if any music shops are selling PT10 at a reduced price.

Sorry it's not better news.