Why become a member? ×

Catatonia - Road Rage

colda

[quote name='colda' post='208696' date='May 29 2008, 11:15 AM']Our band have decided to include Road Rage in the set - try as I might I can't find any bass tabs anywhere - can anyone help?[/quote]

It's on my list to learn too but not for a couple of weeks yet. I'll see if I can work it out and let you have a copy.

A good starting point with transcribing is to start with a chord chart which you can get from a tab site for guitar and just play roots on the changes while playing along, this should give you a starting point for working out the structure or at least enables you to jam along until you have the proper bass line. I always get the chord changes down then start looking at the the individual bass figures within the song - most rock songs have a verse figure and a chorus figure and a few bits to join up the sections and a bridge.

Have a go and see how far you get - it's a great feeling when you start copping licks by ear.

the basic verse notes are :

A - C# - D - B - E

then :

C# - F# - C# - F# - C#

then chorus :

F# - C# - D# - G#

then it moves the pattern up two frets - then after the middle bit it moves up two more frets

you should be able to work out all the other notes from there if you want to make it more fancy

Edited by Paul_C