Why become a member? ×

Has anyone tried V-picks?

Scotticus

I'm brushing up on my pick playing in an attempt to nail a feel/tone that's a combination of lazy scrapey and gritty that I haven't quite managed to get with my fingers. So far, I'm making decent progress with consistency, attack and the difference in low end reproduction between my fingers and the pick is getting less noticeable the more I practice. However, two things are really frustrating me. I'm really not enjoying how disconnected from the instrument my right hand feels, and I'm certain that this loose lazy picking style I'm shooting for is going to result in dropping a lot of picks on stage until it becomes second nature.

So, I'm wondering whether this V-picks guys products might ease my transition? The extra grip is very appealing to me. The price is less so.
http://v-picks.com

Any experience of 'em?

Scott

I have three of the Tremolo model, which I stuck with after trying out loads of different picks. Before that I used the medium pointed Ultra Lites.

They do stick to the fingers well, especially when it gets hot and sweaty.

As you'd expect, the thickness of the pick you use has considerable impact on the depth of tone created.

[quote name='richardjmorgan' timestamp='1365671095' post='2042524']
My only problem with them is the see-through-ness - dropping them on the floor isn't much of an issue but putting them down and forgetting where is!
[/quote]

Well, speaking as someone who's blind, this problem applies to everything from picks to land mines. If I can't eat it, I'll probably forget where I've put it. Gotten used to carrying pockets full of spares over the years (although not so much with the land mines :P)

Just ordered the Bass Sampler Pack which contains a large pointed, a freakishly large pointed and a freakishly large rounded. Was very tempted to splash out on a selection of others, but I'll see how it goes with these first.