Why become a member? ×

why do so many bass players drive a Ford Focus?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1365353324' post='2038416']
Good point, some twat ran a key down all the cars outside the jam I went to on Friday, ours included, road worn! If I catch the w***er that did it his face will match!
[/quote]

I feel for you.

About 2 years ago, I had a brand new Mini Cooper D. Lovely car, and went like a rocket.

Had it around 3 months - went out one morning to go to work, and found some little **** had keyed the bonnet, wings, and door mirrors. It was black - and for a reason unknown to this day, they did the same to all the black cars down this road. Mine was in the drive, they even opened the gate to let themselves in.

I did get it repaired - but the weirdest thing was a really loud interior noise that started pretty much the same day as the damage was found. It ended up back with the dealers about 8 times, and they still couldn't find the problem or fix it.

Eventually, I was so frustrated with the whole saga, I P/X'd it for my used Hyundai, losing a fair bit in the process. Put me off new cars - not that I could afford one now anyway!

I'll never know if the vandals did something else, or if the problems just coincided.

Even thinking about it now makes me livid - how people can damage property and walk away. I need a lie down.... :angry:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='pietruszka' timestamp='1366295496' post='2050676']
Focus' are great! As many here have said, they're surprisingly spacious. I've had 2 rcf 310's with stands, a 24 channel mixing desk, mark bass 210, Aguilar head, cables, lights, bass and a drum kit!

I love mine, though when I get the money saved up I might get a 1.6 diesel version. Has any one here got one? What are the engines like for reliability and efficiency?

Dan
[/quote]
Mine is a 1.6 diesel but in zetec spec, best of everything IMO. Getting more and more to the gallon as the cold weather is finally going a bit, 52mpg last time I looked and that's all short runs, £30 to tax, cheap to insure compared to similar spec cars. I gather a lot of the problems noted are down to people trying to service them on a budget which ruins them!