Why become a member? ×

Mature, experienced (and skinny) bassist available for gig/covers/dep S. Lincs, Cambs, Notts

Skinnyman

Pretty much as the title says - I'm bassed (geddit?) in South Lincs with own gear and transport. I've been gigging regularly over the last year and I'm now looking to broaden my horizons working with other bands either on a permanent basis or as a stand-in.

My own musical tastes are broad and I'll play pretty much anything - I've found that I can learn a huge amount just by playing genres that I wouldn't normally listen to. I try to be sensitive to the music and to the band I'm playing with (keep it sparse if there's two or more guitars and/or keys, add a little bit more if there are fewer instruments) and although my reading skills are still basic, I have a good grounding in musical theory and harmony. I don't really do flash, but I play in tune and in time.

I love playing to people and I'm conscious that I'm being paid to do something I enjoy so that means having a professional attitude - turn up on time, know the material, get on well with everyone, help lug the gear in and out and get a round in when it's your turn.... :)

How skinny are you? Im thinking of putting together a 'I beat anorexia' charity band, y'know, you could fit into the super skinny first set ... I'll do the normally rotund second set. So you'll be playing songs like 'I'm soo sexxy' and the re-worded queen hit 'I want to eat my fruit trifle'. Im not sure if this will work though as I have a lot on my plate...

Edited by Left Foot