Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Custom made CertainBass '61 P-bass funk-machine re-issue
£500

Toasting

For sale: my beautiful custom made CertainBass '61 P-bass funk-machine re-issue.

Purchased during a fit of GAS, current hard times now force a sale. I'm reticent to let this bass go because it really is a beautiful machine but alas circumstances dictate.

Clearly put together with care, attention and detail with parts sourced for purpose, it absolutely sings acoustically and has a deep vintage growl when plugged in. It really does sound great and certainly does that Motown sound justice.

It is in the same great condition as when I purchased a short while back.

Specs:

Alder body, with the beautifully classic sunburst finish and matching headstock.
Seymour Duncan Antiquity 2 P-Bass pickup
CTS pots & switchcraft jack
Schaller strap-buttons (for schaller straplocks)
Tort pickguard
60's spec thick slab rosewood fingerboard on maple neck
bone nut (previous owner noticed that the nut is cracked under the D string (although my old eyes can't see this and he noted that while it does hold in with the string tension it will eventually need 'at least' supergluing or at worst 'replacing')
Fender style tuners & string tree
Fender style bridge
Hard shell case

I'm willing to throw in a brand new un-opened set of La Bella Deep Talkin' flatwounds too, so couple those with the foam and you've got that James Jamerson Motown sound.

The bass was apparently £800 at cost and I paid £500, so with brand new La Bellas and considering it hasn't been out of my room since I'll gratefully accept the same - £500.

I'd prefer a collection from London but can arrange a courier.

Edited by Toasting

As the first/previous owner of this beauty I can verify that all of the claims and specs above are spot on! Someone will be getting a beautiful bass that plays and sounds like a proper one!!

• 2 weeks later...