Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Super Tramp Tube

AngelLaHash

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Well I cant figure out myself whats up with this. So am looking for someone who can repair them in the England (Im around Newark Nottinghamshire{A1/A46 Crossroads})[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The Transformer dosnt seem to have markings on it, i know its connected on both sides, and the Prim is 400mH and the Second is 74mH and 576mH. [/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Any way, so looking for help with this. Turned it on and lights come on, wapped it up to near full and plugged in a guitar but nothing out, so turned it off and had a look at the circuit again and the tube was Smoking a bit, seems to be still all ok, ill try it out on a overdrive tube i have to make sure. [/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Trace Elliot Super Tramp Tube 100W 4Ohms (200W Peak) [/font][/color]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQgMrQwovyQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQgMrQwovyQ[/url]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]/\ isnt mine but the same Model /\[/font][/color]

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1364923915' post='2032747']
Try linking the send and return sockets with a patch lead. Sometimes the return socket mutes the output if not used for ages.
[/quote]

Had this with a V-Type 4808 combo.. IRC, it wasn't the actual socket but a dry joint that connected it to the loop board..

Good luck with it :)

Thanks for the help so far, still trying to get time to play around with it..
At the moment i can getting "Bishy" tones from other web sites for asking for help

I did and still do Electronics, also do Electrical Installations just finishing my 2nd year.
Now Electronic wise, giving me a circuit this big and just the board can be hard to follow for me..
This is why i asked for help, if any one else NEAR BY, DONE THIS BEFORE, or COULD SUGGEST SOME THING (as has happened here)

Note I am only 36 and Valves Tubes had been and gone when i did electronics, i know how to use Transistors.
This is also why i asked for help, not knowing TUBES that well, wanted input.

Now being 36 yes i have had SHOCKS, from CAPS, MAINS etc and i had MELTED some of my FINGUERS away
As a Part of Electricals you learn about how much AMPS it takes to KILL SOMEONE
Also had 230v (cant said the Amps 13!! Mains) around my Heart, and also touched a Buzz Bar Live 100A RCD
Plus licked a 9v batterie but lets not get in to that :o

People in the UK aren't as scared of electricity as Americans, which is weird with the guns thing. But anyway, if you have basic electrical knowledge, should be able to check main stuff, fuses and solder joints, voltages in appropriate places. Bust solder joints, toasty components and lack of voltage where it should be will tell you what's wrong.

The scary shock that nearly made me wet myself was in the shower, having a shower, and water under the unit..
'thinking were did that come from, wipe it off and see if i can figure out' buzzzz well i was in the swimming baths every day after that
i was too scared to have a shower as that should of kill me dead, in Water With High AMPs