Why become a member? ×

FS: Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 5 *WITHDRAWN*
£725

TRBboy

Hey Everybody!

I'm selling my Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor, which I love to bits and will be extremely sad to see it go. Why am I selling it? Well, after thinking I was completely GAS free, I now have serious GAS for another Sandberg Custom Build, Probably another Ken Taylor 5 or Basic 5.

This bass features an Alder body, Maple neck with Rosewood fretboard and is finished in Highgloss black. There is a mini toggle switch to split the dual humbuckers to single coil and a 3-band Glockenklang EQ with push/pull volume pot for true passive bypass.

Those who know me will know that I'm a massive Sandberg fan anyway, but I really can't stress how great these basses are. Such good value for a handbuilt bass, with a finish, playability and sound quality that far outstrips some of the big brands. The neck is slim front-to-back and the fretboard has a fairly flat radius, feeling fast and effortless to play, but very comfortable. It was the feel of the neck that really sold me on Sandberg basses! This Alder bodied version is lighter than the Ash equivalents, and has a slightly more rounded tone, with a bit more low-mid growl and a less aggressive top and bottom end, but it still packs a punch. Versatility is the name of the game with this bass, and I've easily been able to coax any type of tone I've wanted out of it, it really does sound amazing. I don't often get on with 34" scale 5ers, but the low B is absolutely perfect on this (IMHO of course). It's currently strung with .040" - .125" Rotos and the action is fairly low.

It's in very good condition, with only a slight blemish on the forearm contour, but really nothing to write home about. It feels nicely played in, but it has been very well looked after, with virtually no visible fretwear.

Last year the UK RRP was £1441, although I think there's been a price rise since then, and Thomann have a 4 string currently for £1191, so a 5er would probably be £50-£100 more from them. I'm asking [s]£725[/s] [b]£675 [/b]for this beauty, including UK mainland courier delivery, and a Sandberg Gigbag. I've priced this to sell quickly, but of course feel free to make an offer if you so wish.

Please check my feedback thread (link in sig below), and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking!

[attachment=130846:Basic KT Front.jpg] [attachment=130847:Basic KT back.jpg]

[attachment=130848:IMG_1789 - Copy.JPG]

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1364124110' post='2022046']
qual O tee bass.

Still loving my basic, have you seen the new 20th anniversary ken taylors?

Out of interest is the sandberg gigbag available from them aftermarket?
[/quote]

Hey dude! Glad you're still enjoying the Basic, it's reminiscing about that bass that's making me consider getting a Basic 5!

Yeah, I did see a pic of a 20th anniversary KT the other day, gotta be honest I'm not keen on the control plate the moment!

I believe you can buy gigbags, as well as straps,strings, polish, lemon oil, t-shirts, etc.

Hey guys, just thought I would add a couple of videos of these basses in action for your interest:

Marlowe DK playing exactly the same model, although I'm not sure that this gives a great representation of what it sounds like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNV9Vh3XKXI

This one gives a fairly good idea of some of the tones on offer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHAhSfFf7rw