Why become a member? ×

Replacement input socket for Tecamp Puma 900?

tauzero

I've contacted Tecamp but thought I'd ask here as well, in case I don't get any help from them.

When a lead is plugged into the input socket, if I move it at all I get a loud bang. This happens with assorted leads. The socket is a PCB mounting mono one with two break contacts. I bought what I thought was an exact replacement made by Cliff, but there is a crucial difference with the bits that push into the PCB. On the original socket, these are stepped, but on the replacement there is no step. Consequently the original one sits a few mm above the PCB while the replacement sits flush on the PCB and thus below the height of the hole for it on the front panel. There is a corresponding Cliff socket, the S2BNB PC Type A/S, but I'm buggered if I can find one.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find such a beast?

• 4 weeks later...

Embarrassingly, it was actually a lead issue in the end. I had two dodgy leads - checked them both on my tester and one could be induced to die, the other seemed OK until I got very very thorough and there was one exact position that it shorted (internally in the plug). Replaced the socket and the dodgy plug, resoldered the other lead, and all was well.