Why become a member? ×

George Dennis Bassic Tube MK II, 200 watts ALL VALVE!
£660

Up for sale is my very rare George Dennis Bassic Tube MK II all valve amp.
It has got 4xkt88 in the poweramp and more headroom than any other 200watts amp I know, thanks to the oversized transformers!
The low-end is always THICK even at very high volumes!
The building quality is incredible! better than any ampeg or orange out there! have a look at the pics!
Tonewise it´s very versatile thanks to the parametric mids! It has tons of tube charakter and to me, it sounds closest to a Hiwatt with more bass.
The head is very compact, you won´t find a much smaller tube beast like this! George Dennis discontinued the whole bassline and I have NEVER seen the MK II
Model before I bought mine. So get it as long as you can!
It comes with a very solid homemade weatherproof cover!
The head is located in Bielefeld, Germany.

Price is: [b]660,- pounds! [/b](+20 pounds for shipping to the UK)

no trade offers please.

Beautiful amp! However you look at it, tube amps just sound right. Never seen one of these before, but 660 quid for a full tube 200w amp is pretty awesome, the weight is not too bad either.

Bump and specs on me:

[font="Arial, sans-serif"][u][b]GEORGE DENNIS Bassic Tube 120 a 200 SPECIFIKACE[/b][/u][/font]

[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Type: BASSIC TUBE 120 BASSIC TUBE 200[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Power output RMS: 120 W 200 W[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Power Requirements: 115/230V AC, 50/60Hz 115/230V AC, 50/60Hz[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]600W 600W[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Effects Send/Return Impedance: 100 Ω / 1 MΩ 100 Ω / 1 MΩ[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]D.I. OUT: Max. 1,5 V RMS, 1 kHz, 600 Ohm – for both units (depending on the input signal)[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Tubes: 3x ECC83, 4x E34L 3x ECC83, 4x KT88[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Fuse Mains: T5A/250V pro 100-120V T,5,5A/250V pro 100-120V[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]version, T2,8A/250V pro version, T2,8A/250V pro [/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]230-240V version. 230-240V version.[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Fuse H.T.: T 1,5 A T 1,5 A[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Foot switch: 2 Button switch Controls, MIDDLE SECTION OFF/ON, WARM OFF/ON[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Dimensions: Height: 26 cm 26 cm[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Width: 28 cm 28 cm [/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Depth: 57 cm 57 cm[/font]
[font="Arial, sans-serif"]Weight: 30 kg 31 kg[/font]

617 squadron dropped the Bielefeld Viaduct with tallboy bombs as I remember - I reckon this amp could do the same. Our guitar player uses a George Dennis and it's phenomenal.

Gleefully I put a sticker on that makes it a 'Les Dennis' - only to find that from the next gig on I was using a 'Freddie Krueger' !