Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro LX 5 String in Black Cherry Gloss +HSC ***WITHDRAWN***
£1100

minnikin32

This is an earlier (2006) Spector Euro LX 5 string, which has 2 EMG 40DC pickups and the Spector TonePump 9V 'Boost Only' preamp. The preamp output is soooo hot, it makes amps sweat! The controls have been changed over to feature Volume-Blend-Bass-Treble, rather than the stock arrangement of having a volume control for each pickup.

The flame on the maple top is absolutely mesmerising, the photos do not do it justice, has to be seen in the flesh. Same construction as the newer Euro LX range, maple 35" scale neck-thru, rosewood fretboard with nice chunky frets and the typical Spector MOP inlays. Body wings are a sandwich of Alder back, Walnut veneer and flamed maple top.

The neck is quite narrow for a 5 string, but fat. Feels great and plays fantastically, like butter in your hand. Could be due a truss rod adjustment and setup. Included are gold Schaller strap locks and a Hiscox moulded hard case.

There are a couple of dings on the back of the body, a little grazing on the top of the headstock, and a tiny ding in the front of the body. However, Spector's lacquer finishes are so darn thick and durable, they are only on the surface of the lacquer. The gold has worn a little on the bridge, which is quite common. No fret wear.

Selling as it's just not getting played as much as it should. It breaks my heart to see this one go, we have had some good times together. Her name is Betty. Whoever buys her must promise to treat her well, and play her every day. Sensible offers.

UK Mainland delivery at £25, 24h service and insured. Will deliver FOC in the NE UK. Edited by minnikin32

• 3 weeks later...

Superb bass this.
I've got exactly the same one although mine is a bit scruffier than this lovely example.
My bass is from the same time as well so has the non adjustable Tone Pump.

See this thread here as there is some discussion over whether or not the Tone Pump is boost only.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/93320-spector-tonepump-is-not-boost-only/page__hl__spector%20boost

I love the Tone Pump, loads of tones from throbbing dub bass to glassy highs and everything in between.

Good Luck with the sale.

Cheers buddy! I love the TonePump too. It's cutting and can be quite vicious, and boy is it hot! And it is indeed the non adjustable TonePump.

Here are a few close-up images of the 'damage'. Although to be fair, the scratches can quite easily be buffed out, especially that the poly finish is so darn thick on these.

• 2 weeks later...