Why become a member? ×

Hey everyone

Wilson_51_

Hello

Thought I would finally sign up to this forum, I have occasionally glanced at it and have finally got around to being a part of it. Not that I think I will have a lot to contribute!

Little bit about me first, I have recently finished a degree in Music Technology and am in the process of attempting to get a job in the industry. I have been playing bass for about eight years and my gigging experience during this time is, how should i put this.. not as extensive as it should have been.

For most of that time I was part of a Metal band that broke up last year, mostly due to the lack of drive and the non existent gigs! I have however just become part of a new band that is focused more towards Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden style music but all originals.

Equipment wise i'm currently using a Musicman Stingray through an Ashdown ABM500 with 410 cab for playing with my band. I also have a Peavey Milestone that was my first bass, that i have messed around with a bit and am in the process of making a franken-P-bass out of random parts when i collect enough of them!

Simon

Hey Simon,

Welcome! You made the right choice. We have cookies on the dark side, rememba?

A degree in MT and having played the bass for eight years, and not a lot to contribute? Howzat?
I don't believe you, lad. I for one could learn a lot from a guy like you.

Sounds great fun with an originals band like that.
Concentrate on guys like Pearl Jam and Nirvana. They have the most comfy clothes! ;)

Nice set up you got. Saw the pic on your page. Nice blue on that Ray too. Is it a Pacific Blue Burst?

Anyway, enjoy the company here!

best,
bert

Thank you for the welcome!

I will have to chuck some songs of ours up when we get around to actually doing some recordings. The only problem I have with listening to pearl jam is that it brings out a real need for me to buy and try to play a fretless... which may happen in the future.

My Ray is indeed Pacific Blue burst and since buying it a few years ago, I have struggled to find anything I enjoy playing as much. My goal is to have a Jazz and P-bass so that i can have the "holy" trinity. Although i'm sure i'll get distracted along the way, such as with the frankenbass that's slowly going to come together.