Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3 expression pedal not doing as it should

chrismuzz

I just picked up one of the older style FP02s off ebay, it looks like this:

Connected it up to my B3, but it only seems to recognise it a a footswitch. I tried setting it as a volume pedal, but the only thing that happens is that when I push it all the way down the tuner activates, since that's what the footswitch setting is. I tried setting the footswitch to 'No Assign' but it still won't work as an expression pedal. This particular model comes with a stereo lead already permanently attached, so I'm wondering if either one of the connectors or cables is knackered, or if this model simply doesn't work with the B3... Which is a bit strange considering it has exactly the same product name as the newer one.

Any thoughts?

Edited by chrismuzz

Do you have a multimeter that you could test the resistance with? Measure tip to ring with pedal all the way up and all the way down. On mine (the current FP-02), it's 100 ohms with pedal all the way down (full throttle) and 86k with pedal all the way up (silence).

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1363554017' post='2014103']
Do you have a multimeter that you could test the resistance with?
[/quote]

Unfortunately not. But the fact that it doesn't even recognise it as an expression pedal makes me wonder if it was never intended to work with the B3