Why become a member? ×

Noll Pre Amp sound clips

ZenBasses

Hey does anyone have a sound clip or video of a bass with a Noll Preamp installed.

Replacing my pre in my Shuker is something that I have been thinking about since I acquired it

I know what an East and Auderes sound like but it would be intetesting to hear for comparison.

I like my big bright modern sound... The PJ pups I have are fantastic.. The eq was a custom job to replicate a Sadowsky 2 band.

I just miss having a mid and I do relish for a little extra sizzle at the top end.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Ben

Not used a Noll preamp myself but here are a couple of youtube clips of basses with Noll 3-bands:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwdPfxsj9sI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNmQirBW90w

I have them as my preamp of choice. They're great. The 3 band parametric is very clean and amazingly versatile. Check with Klaus where the frequency centres of each band are. The original model had the mid and bass centres too high for bass and I asked him to lower them a little. The bass control is now around 100Hz and the mid control around 250Hz. I think the treble was around 1.3Khz but could probably benefit from being broader. I don't know if he did that only for my preamps or whether he's introduced the change permanently.

Frequency ranges of the TCM 3P taken from the Noll website specs are:

Bass Control +/- 15 dB 40 Hz - 180 Hz
Midrange Control +/- 15 dB 250 Hz - 1,5 KHz
Treble Control +/- 15 dB 1.8 KHz - 7.8 KHz

Kiwi, does this tally with your Noll 3Ps or do yours have custom frequency centres/ranges? When you say the treble could benefit from being broader do you mean the bandwidth of the cut and boost and how about the bass and mid?

• 6 months later...