Why become a member? ×

Sold Acoustic Image Focus Amp for sale
£420

Sercet

I have for sale my Acoustic Image Focus amp (Series III). These amps have an excellent reputation for use with double bass, acoustic bass guitar, cello and other acoustic instruments. It's a very clean, pure sound - it's the sound of the instrument you plug in, only louder. I've also used this with electric bass, sometimes with a valve preamp or pedal.

When Acoustic Image released the Series III amps, I believe this was the same as the Coda+ amp but with more power. With the series 4 amps, Acoustic Image consolidated the range and the Focus has been superseded by the Coda+ - i.e. the power of the Coda+ has been upgraded.

Some key features make this a great choice for double bass players or those wanting to use two instruments:[list]
[*]Two channels, each with a dual input (XLR or jack) make it easy to switch between two instruments or to use a pickup and a microphone on a double bass.
[*]Switchable phantom power on each channel.
[*]Switchable notch/cut filter with variable frequency on each channel - helps eliminate feedback and boom.
[*]Built in effects (Hall, Room, Plate, Delay, Chorus, Flange)
[*]Three band EQ (Bass, Middle, Treble)
[*]Effects send and return
[*]XLR Out (Switchable Pre or Post EQ)
[*]Ground Lift
[*]1000 watts at 2ohms, 800 at 4ohms, 450 at 8 ohms
[*]10x8x3.5 inches, weighs just 5lbs
[*]Two speakon outputs
[*]Switchable voltage
[*]Acosutic Image carry bag
[/list]
Generally good condition - i.e. clean sound, no noise - but some scratches to the case.

£420

I am based in Worcester

Edited by Sercet

[quote name='zero9' timestamp='1363037118' post='2007506']
Great amp, have a bump on me.

Btw, I think this particular model puts out 400W at 4 Ohm and 500W at 2 Ohm.
[/quote]

I am more or less certain that the OP's specs regarding power are correct. I already have an AI otherwise I would be buying this one. Very few of the small heads go down to 2 Ohms. This is a steal.

your absolutely right owen, I like to make an idiot of myself now and again lol.

Mine looks identical, apart from the Clarus badge on the front. The Focus is indeed 800W at 4 Ohm. Another bump for an even greater amp. I found the 2 Ohm capability a great benefit, allowing me to drive up to four 8 Ohm cabs.

• 3 weeks later...