Why become a member? ×

OK now the new bass is here..... how do I amplify it?!

I have cut it the best I can, looks 'ok' I need to shim them out when I get time as the E side is weaker than the G at the moment and I have wrapped them with thin foam to wedge them in which wont help I know, I am going to slacken the strings off, wrap the pickup tabs in matching black pvc tape until I can just squeeze them in then tighten it all back up and try that. The output is quite weak at the moment but I will see how it is after the pickup are more snug. :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1362943182' post='2006551']
I have ordered a cheap ebay one just to get me started, hopefully something good will crop up at the right price soon. It is a wing type one so I will try and get it snug then, await many questions......
[/quote]

Hi Pete, out of curiosity, what did you go with for your cheap e-bay option?
Just in the same boat myself :¬)
Cheers

Edited by blinddrew

[quote name='blinddrew' timestamp='1363390032' post='2012354']
Thanks, had one of those on the watch list already :¬)
How's it working out for you?
[/quote]

Done this for you :)
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/202557-j-tone-l35-piezo-pickup-pictorial-and-initial-review/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/202557-j-tone-l35-piezo-pickup-pictorial-and-initial-review/[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Took my Gedo to practice today, I'm getting ok with no position markers now, glad I didnt cheat now, anyway I couldn't get much volume out of it, straight into the Genz 9.2 max worked best, the artec graphic isn't much use at gig volume so it looks like a Fishman plat pro next and they see how the J tone works with it.

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='keeponehandloose' timestamp='1365288046' post='2037793']
whatever else you try nothing will work like the
Pro plat 2 [/quote]

Not necesarily true. I didn't have success with the PP2, but the Art Tube MP has always been a great tone, with several pickups. Yes the Pro Plat has more features but sometimes less is more. I've actually had a lot of success with an MXR80 of all things.