Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey!

mikekaperys

Hi!

I'm Mike! Um, I don't quite know what to write here. I just though I better contribute something as oppose to just appearing in random forums!

I'm a bassist from Sheffield, I've been playing around 4 years (I think..). I used to play guitar before coming over to the dark side. I currently play bass for two bands; one being an original rock band called Metröpolis and a pub covers band called Your Next (I know the name is grammatically wrong, but they guitarists seem to like the idea that the name fits across their knuckles, strange right?!).

Currently, I play an Ibanez SR506BM through a Laney RB9 into two Laney RB410 cabinets, occasionally using my Boss GT-6B floor unit. I use a wireless system quite often too, a Shure PG14. I'm not one of those bassists that just stand there, I like to move around a lot on stage, and climb on things.. haha!

I have a tendency to buy and sell things a lot. In the past year I've had quite a few basses. I've had; Warwick Rockbass Streamer (4), Warwick Rockbass Corvette (5), Hohner Headless B2A (4), Fender Mexican Fretless Jazz (4), Fender American Jazz (5), ESP LTD B-206SM (6), Ibanez SR506BM (6), Ibanez GSR200 (4) and 3 custom basses I've made myself.
Oh yeah! I make basses!

Thats it for now I guess!

-Mike

Edited by mikekaperys

Hi Mike,

Welcome, man! I'm sure you'll thrive in our midst. Sounds like it at any rate.

You own or have owned quite some nice basses, I must say. Please tell about the SR506 - I can't remember any words about them. Have you compared it to the 300s and 700s?

Nice to see you build basses too. I'm currently building a body to put bought hardware and neck on, but I'm sure to fail.
Hey, I might buy You're Next build then! ;)

Anyway, enjoy the forums, fora and forii, and don' be no stranger.

best,
bert

Thanks guys!

The 506 is awesome! I don't have a bad word to say about it. It's effortless to play, the neck is so thin and it's a very light bass. I've not actually played either, so unfortunately I can't compare.
Out of all the basses I own/have owned the 506 is by far the most comfortable bass to play, and one of the best sounding too!

I'm sure you'll be fine with the build mate! Keep me posted on how it goes! Haha, maybe ;)

-Mike