Why become a member? ×

Nine of Swords fuzz pedals on bass?

Lobster fingers

• 2 months later...

I just got a secondhand Tyrant.
I don't think it's stock as it has a switch that changes the sound. I believe it's a Meathead and the switch changes it from the light to the dark version.
Frankly, it sounds ace. The light setting's really retro-ey, but there's quite a bit of bass lost. I reckon it'd be good for doing the clavi part in Superstition, for example. The dark setting is a monster. As far as I can tell there's no bass loss. It also seems like it'd stand out in a band better than a big muff, but I haven't tested it yet so no guarantee.
I'd have to say, for the price it's pretty darned good. Pretty pretty good.... I'm definitely interested in trying some of the others.
I'm not in work today but I'll get some clips up tomorrow.

Have been to the shack as well, interesting pedals, great prices ... oh and I really like the looks too.
Dropped Jonathan a line, nice guy, and he said the Tyrant and the Twin Earth are the most "bass friendly" - Hand of God and SF Ritual less so.
The Tyrant started out as a meathead clone and has been tweaked over the years to "give an even heavier and meaner sound", as he put it.
As I'm already having a meathead dark clone coming my way I'll just put the fuzzshack on my to watch list for now.

I've now received my Twin Earth pedal. I like it a lot, but there is some loss of low end. However, I compensate for this with the clean signal mixed in with a Boss LS-2. I've only used it at home, so I've no idea whether this would work in a band situation. It is I believe like a muff (although I could be wrong), but has a harsher fuzz at the more extreme settings. The alpha omega switch is supposed to change from retro to modern fuzz, but both sound pretty similar to me. The chaos setting is fun, mad and chaotic, but I'm not sure you would ever use it, as this setting makes a real racket without actually playing anything. Overall, a great pedal if you like noise and want something a bit different. Best of all its British, relatively cheap and I have done my bit to support what little British Industry we have left.

Thanks for heads up. Ive just moved a dwarfcraft on for having the same deal with the noise generation when on max settings.

[quote name='Lobster fingers' timestamp='1368626752' post='2079400']Best of all its British, relatively cheap and I have done my bit to support what little British Industry we have left.
[/quote]

Not to high jack thread but I think these look good for the money, will see [url="http://synthrestore.co.uk/pedals.htm#pedals"]http://synthrestore.co.uk/pedals.htm#pedals[/url] ...