Why become a member? ×

FS: 2010 Musicman Stingray 5 (Fender P trades?) SOLD PLEASE REMOVE thanks :)

risingson

[b]Now for sale!![/b]

A really, really nice Musicman Stingray 5, black/black/maple, 2010. It's spotless, no dings, no wear and comes with a Ernie Ball hard case. It is rock solid, a lovely example of one of the most distinctive sounding and distinctive looking 5 strings of all time.

It's a 2010 model with [b]alnico[/b] magnets in the pickups, for those who are interested the pickup is far closer sounding to the Stingray 4 string rather than the earlier models of the Stingray 5 string which featured [b]ceramic [/b]pickups. My preference is towards the alnico pickup, simply because it gives the bass the character of a real Stingray as opposed to sounding closer to a Musicman Sterling which features a ceramic pickup and a harsher sound. Classic Stingray tones all the way, this really does do a blinding job of everything you throw at it.

[b]£1050[/b], based on the Wirral, pickup from the Wirral or Liverpool preferable but a meet can possibly be arranged. These fetch near enough £1500 new right now and this thing looks like it's come straight out the shop! Will also now consider 60's style P-Basses (Fender Vintage reissues) as trades.

Feel free to PM me any questions you might have and I'll answer as very best as I can.

Thanks guys! Liam :)

Edited by risingson

Liam is a good mate and all round top bloke. As for this bass, its a beauty!!!!
I was lucky enough to play it last week and it doesnt disapoint one bit. Big, powerful and rich tone. Who ever gets their hands on this beast will be a happy chappy.

Cheers Matt! Let's keep the interest rolling. PM me if you'd like to discuss the possibilities of owning this wondrous instrument.

Seen a few Rays come up for sale recently, not that many 5's and none of them this spotless.

Edited by risingson

Bump! Will now consider trades for P-Basses, U.S vintage series (or alike) as well as perhaps the right vintage series Jazz (olympic white, concentric pots). Hit me up with your possible trades.

Edited by risingson