Why become a member? ×

Bad Faith Cover Band

Thurbs

Hi Guys.

I have been putting together a LP for one of the bands I am in to try and help get gigs. Nothing special, just local pubs & clubs.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on these numbers, good and bad.

https://soundcloud.com/richard-thurbin/learn-to-fly

https://soundcloud.com/richard-thurbin/like-a-hurricane

The other songs on my account are still work in progress but you are welcome to comment on these also.

Cheers!

Hi Richard,

Just skipped through, listening on laptop.

Learn to Fly : Production and instrumental performances very good. Drums occasionally seem a bit inconsistent in volume, but that's nitpicking. The vocals vary a bit in style and there's some iffy moments in the chorus - maybe pushing it a bit too hard, need to focus on hitting the note (and if in doubt, slide up from flat, don't start sharp....)

Like a Hurricane : About the same I guess. I'm less familiar with this song... maybe a less obvious choice for a demo tape?

My Sharona : This seems to suit your vocalist better (And he doesn't flinch on the line about "getting it up for the touch of the younger kind")

Thanks for the feedback.

We have had 3 separate vocal sessions and recorded dozens of takes, this I think is as good as it gets! I have tried suggesting key changes but this is another band which doesn't seem to be open to this strategy.

Your comment is Interesting about Like a Hurricane. The whole strategy for the band is to shy away from the well trodden road of Mustang Sally & Sex on Fire but play hits and songs know one remembers. They seem to have made the strategy work so far, I only joined them recently so we shall have to see how it goes.