Why become a member? ×

Fender Japanese Jazzmaster 66 reissue with blocks, binding and upgrades. *sold*

This guitar is very cool.

It's a Jap 66 re-issue with big block and binding Jazzmaster in candy apple red.

The price would be £700.

I realise that the price may seem a little high for a Japanese Jazzmaster at first glance but read on as this isn't an average Japanese Jazzmaster.

Firstly, the aren't many come up with the blocks and binding and if you wanted to import a new one it's going to cost you the best part of £1200.
See here: [url="http://www.guitar-emporium.co.uk/Fender_Japan_JM.html"]http://www.guitar-em...r_Japan_JM.html[/url]

Then you need to look at the following upgrades:

Mastery Bridge ($190).
Mojo Pre-CBS vintage pickups (£90).
ICBM wiring (Priceless!).
Staytrem tremlo system (£30).
Hiscox case (£100).
Strap locks (£10).

If you take all these into account it should start to look like a pretty attractive price in my opinion...

It's the nicest playing and sounding guitar I've ever owned and has a really great neck (7½" Rad). To me it plays better than any AVRI Jazzmaster I've tried, but you would be more than welcome to come see and hear for yourself. I'm in North East Manchester (Stalybridge).

Condition wise, there's the odd minor knock to the body (nothing that has broken through the paint) and one small knock on the headstock that you can see in the photograph but nothing that would scare you off.

Here's some pictures….

Cheers.

Edited by Badlydrawnbanjo

[quote name='Stu-khag' timestamp='1361142773' post='1981931']
ooh!! gorgeous especially with block and bound neck. And a mastery bridge! let me know if you'd be thinking about selling that separately.
[/quote]

The Mastery bridges are brilliant but this one will be staying with the guitar whatever happens.

• 1 month later...

Might be interested depending on what you're looking for Les Paul wise. I have a '76 (according to the serial number and online lookup) Les Paul custom 3 pickup version. Can't say if its all original as I've never taken it apart but I've not changed anything in the last 10 years of owning it. It's getting on for 40yrs old so there is wear on the body and the pick guard was removed before it got to me. Has Gibson case though not the original according to the shop where I got it. Case has wear due again to near 40yrs protecting the guitar. Would be looking for £1,500. Can send photos but at work now.
It's a bit heavy for me really so I don't play it enough for the price it is worth.

• 2 weeks later...