Why become a member? ×

Some new recordings :) :) :)

mr.sibs

hi again.
when i saw the indie rock thing on your site my first reaction was "this isnt going to be my cuppa" anyways i'm happy to say that IMHO i think all the tracks are great.they're really catchy and melodic.
all in all for me you guys are very good.well done.

[quote name='Peaty' post='207267' date='May 27 2008, 02:47 PM']Tasteful, straight forward, warm fuzzy bass, doesn't get in the way of the vocals and keeps the tunes moving along. Jobs a good'n.[/quote]

thanks mate, much appreciated

Intelligently constructed, musically interesting and well played. It works as a whole and there is a real band sound in there. Nicely worked backing vocals, great variety of bass tone.

Personally I'd like to have heard a bit more transparency in the drum sound, it sounds a bit cut off above 10k and a little peaky in the treble and upper mid below that. A few tiny timing errors too but I'm the last one that should be pointing that out. :) Minor criticisms.

I could see this collection sitting nicely on my iPod guys. :huh:

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='208347' date='May 28 2008, 08:08 PM']Intelligently constructed, musically interesting and well played. It works as a whole and there is a real band sound in there. Nicely worked backing vocals, great variety of bass tone.

Personally I'd like to have heard a bit more transparency in the drum sound, it sounds a bit cut off above 10k and a little peaky in the treble and upper mid below that. A few tiny timing errors too but I'm the last one that should be pointing that out. :) Minor criticisms.

I could see this collection sitting nicely on my iPod guys. :huh:[/quote]

thanks, all criticism is useful, and i agree somewhat with the drum sound. timing error wise, its so difficult to do! we had paid for a week, and although all the tracks are to a click i think we will always suffer the same problem, but were an indie band, and i think a little messiness isn't the worst thing we can do!! glad you like the bv's, had some fun in the studio constructing those

[quote name='Rimskidog' post='208419' date='May 28 2008, 09:50 PM']Material is great. V catchy. Recording/mixing quality is disappointing (how appropriate given song title). Happy to pm you with specific comments if you are doing production yourself. If you paid for this, go kick the engineer.[/quote]

feel free to pm me your thoughts, its not my production or mixing, though i have done quite a bit in the past, but i think disappointing is quite strong i have to say! we didnt pay much and it was very much a home studio setup, but i think he managed to record without too much distortion and everything has the clarity it needs, pm me though, interested to hear your thoughts