Why become a member? ×

Warwick Quad 6 FS/FT

davidlovellbass

The Quad 6 was Warwicks flagship amp form the mid 90's to early 00's. Seeing it being used by session pros wasn't uncommon as it covers everything from Eden style super clean to SVT on 11 in a 600 watt 2 unit package. I've been playing this amp for the past 12 years in various bands and genres and never been unable to get a good and fitting tone. I've not played through many amps that with a flat eq will make almost any bass sound amazing.

A quick google search will tell you that the Quad 6 has three 12ax7's and an el84. The rebranded version of the Quad 6, the tubepath was available in a 500 and 1000 watt version but used 2 fewer valve stages in the preamp. The power section of the Quad 6 has an el84 at the front end to give all the valve power amp drive and dirt without the weight and drives a 600 watt mosfet monster of a power section.

The Quad 6 is very different from other hybrid amps, it's more a valve amp without the on going costs of servicing.

I'd be looking for £400 for this amp but that includes a 3u flightcase. I'm more than happy to consider trades on this

Edited by davidlovellbass