Why become a member? ×

Russian Big Muff power options

Mog

I've decided to stick one of the Russian Muffs onto the main pedalboard. However, I use a Dunlop brick to power the board. Great piece of kit but it only powers pedals which have center (+) sockets.
The question is, if I attach a battery clip converter to the muff will I also need to attach a polarity adapter between the clip adaptor and the DC Brick, or, are clip converters available which allow me to connect straight to the power supply unit?

Confussticated yet? I am! :blink:

Its the DCB-10. Normally I'd check the manual but god only knows where it is.

Edit. A quick google says you're correct.

Edit 2. Perhaps I'm confusing the brick and the pedal. AFAIR EHX pedals use adaptors which require opposite polarity to what the standard PSU's supply.

Told ya I was confussticated..............

Edited by Mog

[quote name='Mog' timestamp='1360178713' post='1966282']
Sound. Might look into that. The guitarist is fairly handy with a soldering iron.
[/quote]

If you decide to do that I can send you a socket for free - Years ago I ordered a 100 pack from China but they messed up and sent me 1000 instead :lol:

[quote name='Protium' timestamp='1360188585' post='1966554']

If you decide to do that I can send you a socket for free - Years ago I ordered a 100 pack from China but they messed up and sent me 1000 instead :lol:
[/quote]

Brilliant :-D

Si

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Protium' timestamp='1360188585' post='1966554']
[/quote]

Sorry lad. Missed that post. Cheers for the offer but I should be able to source one from the spares box.
Cheers again.