Why become a member? ×

Soundcloud users.

Grassie

Not too sure about this, looks like spam. Has anyone else who has a Soundcloud account had one of these messages? From a Deleted User, and I can't reply to it, so chances are it is spam. Here's what I was sent:

[b]Deleted user[/b] Today 01:40
Hi,
I have been playing your uploads while at the office lately, I really like them! This is why im messaging you
Ive just began a new job and my employer has recently unveiled a new website which offers totally free website development for aspiring musicians. When i found out about it i immediatly thought about you. For free they're pretty good!
If its something that sounds useful have a look [url="http://2.gp/qnVw"] here[/url]Also id get loads of rep from my supervisor if you could point out i sent you (Kat)
Also, do you have any more uploads lined up in the near future?
Peace

The website is called DJ HIre... :blink: All sounds a bit strange to me.

Slightly OT, but still to do with Soundcloud.

I was surprised to find out that a website called freemp3x has available all my (former) band's music from Soundcloud, which is available on the freemp3x website for download. This is obviously illegal and immoral, but the website is based in Panama according to the discussion on Sound On Sound's forums, and hence not easily accessible to the rule of law. Apparently, if you keep your music in Sets rather than individual tracks on Soundcloud, it can't be ripped to this website.

The link's here:

http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1031267&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1#Post1032257#1031267